Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Hate for the Holidays

I know I am not alone when I express my particular distaste for this time of year. Every year from the beginning of November to the second week of January I am in a foul mood. The first thing that pisses me off are the commercials. I am single but even if I was in a relationship with my soulmate, the love of my life, I know I wouldn't be buying anyone a Lexus or Mercedes for christmas. The luckiest a lady would get with me would be maybe a Honda Civic but I don't think they give you the big bow to put on it like at the luxury dealers. As for the jewelry commercials I can understand that but I am abaolutely tired of every holiday the diamond cartel has to run a million commercials with the "show her you really love her theme". More like the "show her you're sorry for getting that handy from the coworker in the office parking lot last week" present. And can we have one holiday that actually glorifies the unattached person instead of having to sit through commercials that make singles feel like a freak for not being able to or simply not wanting to keep a relationship together. I hate the crowds and the traffic, not even shoppping but trying to do anything this time of year. Most of all though, I hate the "Christmas Spirit". Have we fallen so far as a society that we can only be charitable and nice to each other for four weeks a year? More than anything I hate hearing "Come on, its Christmas" as an excuse used by someone who is utterly irresponsible to be able to slide a little further. If it weren't for the children I would absolutely be a hermit this time of year and would do no decorating. People make me sick over this. It already looks like Santa threw up on my block and all I can say is the $1500 dollars worth of crap in your yard makes you an even bigger asshole than I already thought you were. I am half tempted to erect a six foot menorrah in my front yard just to stick it to my neaighbors that have a two-foot cross mounted on the front of there house. Year round. No shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sound off, ignorant or offensive posts will be deleted!